Sunday, June 6, 2010

Northwestern's Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Rogers choose Miami Hurricanes

Like predicated by CanesNews on Fedbruary the 7th, Teddy Bridgewater would Commit to the "U"

Northwestern's Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Rogers choose Miami Hurricanes

The University of Miami football team's 2011 recruiting class just got a bit sweeter Friday when it gained commitments from Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and receiver Eli Rogers.

``Right now, heading into the summer, I figured it was just a good time to do it,'' Bridgewater said. ``I just called [UM assistant] coach [Wesley] McGriff and [UM] coach [Randy] Shannon and told them about it. They were actually about to speak at a banquet in Chicago, so I didn't have a chance to talk to them.''

Bridgewater, considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com , completed 165 of 262 passes for 2,546 yards, 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions as a junior and ran for 379 yards and five touchdowns.

Bridgewater also set a Miami-Dade record with seven touchdown passes in a game in a 54-23 victory over Hialeah-Miami Lakes on Sept. 25.

Bridgewater said he thinks he'll be the only quarterback UM will take with their 2011 recruiting class.

``I don't know if it was a promise or not,'' Bridgewater said of his talks with UM. ``They just said I'd be the only QB they would take.''

It's somewhat important to Bridgewater to play right away.

``It's important to me, but it's not that important,'' he said. ``In college, the game is faster, you have to learn more plays. I know I want to learn the system. If I can play right away, I would. But I know it's going to take at least a little time. I just want to go in and compete, fight to get on the field.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/05/1664315/northwesterns-teddy-bridgewater.html#ixzz0q60uEokz